Just to be upfront, this will not contain links or parts of the leaked codex that is out floating around. Please do not post links to it in the comment section.


The leak came out sometime yesterday morning and by now I am sure that anyone that was really interested in it, has it. So in that regards there is no reason to do any question and answer session, or listing out some of the details. And another big Yes, I will be picking mine up on Saturday regardless if I have read anything on it.

Early first impressions...... 
It is a big book. I cannot wait to have it in my hands, so that I can start making better sense of it. Its in full color, and the artwork is amazing. For long time readers here, do you recall the artwork Grant was talking about when he described what the "Dragon" looked like? Well its in the codex. I was briefly discussing these things with him yesterday about the new codex.

Page 42... yes, Obliterators.

The book itself has some cool features. For instance, the Wargear page. Many unit entries simply refer to that page for your options. Example, under Aspiring Champion it says "the aspiring champion may take items from the Melee Weapons and/or Ranged Weapons sections of the wargear list." I like this. It cuts down on the amount of space required in each unit entry. At first it caused me to flip a ton of pages back and forth, but soon, (as the wargear sections it refers to are not large) I knew what those entries were and the points needed for them. I am glad that this helps streamline with a lot less clutter on some of the entries of the codex.

The Heldrake.... One of those units I desperately wanted to read about.  Wow. At first I was certain that I would be going with the Hades Autocannon on the thing, but No. With the mobility of a flyer armed with a S6 AP3 flamer, this is my weapon of choice. Fly over something and vector strike it, and then end your 36" movement next to a unit that needs to be hit with a flamer template.

Notice the baleflamer comes with Torrent and soul blaze as special rules.
Torrent is placing the base of the template up to 12"s away from the weapon, and then laying down the flamer template.
Soulblaze is continuing damage, on a 4+ if a unsaved wound was delivered, the flames continue and do d3 s4 Ap 5 hits at the end of each turn until they burn out.

Add the following special rules to the Heldrake, and I am really liking it...... Daemon (5+ invul), It will not die (5+ to regen a hullpoint), and Deamonforge (once per game, re-roll all failed to wound and armour penetration rolls).
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...