A scratch built Void Shield Generator. Very nice.


Hi Natfka,
I don't post online too much and don't share too many of my conversions, but I recently made a custom Void Shield Generator that I was happy with and thought might inspire some other people. It's made from a battery-powered plasma ball, some Hexagon (http://www.robogear.ru/images/katalog/box/eng/hexagon.jpg) bits, and other random pieces I had lying around. The batteries can be changed on the bottom, and the on/off switch is hidden but easily accessible. 

I've thought about using a plasma ball as some kind of terrain piece for a long time now- a web way portal for Dark Eldar, a telyporta for Orks, etc - but the void shield seemed to be a great use for it. Next step is making some attachable Ork glyphs so I can use it in their list as a captured one!   

Here's the gallery of all the pics: http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286747
I hope some people will take inspiration from this and create more plasma globe terrain pieces- I'd love to see more examples!  Keep up the awesome blog, I'm a big fan of your site.

Best,
Thomas









What's on your table is an opportunity for readers to share what they are working on. Conversions, painting, batreps, even side home brew projects. If you want to Share "What's On Your Table". Please no more than 8 pics, send your project to natfka@live.com. If for any reason you do not want your name used, please say so.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...